Holy Rosary parish has changed quite a bit over the course of the last 125 years. It has gone from the impossible dream of a few dedicated German immigrants to the grand old lady of Tacoma’s Catholic parishes. From the neighborhood church of Germantown to a shining beacon on a hill, seen by all who pass through our city.
For our Quasquicentennial - our 125th anniversary jubilee - we commissioned a copiously illustrated book on the history of the parish.
The Holy Rosary Parish 125th Year Commemorative book is finally avalaible for purchase!
This beautiful, full-color coffee table book includes a full history of the first 125 years of our parish, as well as beautiful images and descriptions of the church's art and architecture.
All proceeds from the sale of this book will benefit the Holy Rosary Church Restoration Fund.
Buy yours by clicking this link.
These pages on our website are summarized from the book and give just a taste of our parish heritage and history.
Holy Rosary Church and School in 1892
Holy Rosary Church and School on a cold midwinter's day in 2018