Rev. Demetrius Juenemann O.S.B. took over as Second Pastor of Holy Rosary Parish during the Christmas liturgies of 1899.
During his pastorate, a convent was built for the Benedictine sisters, who had been living on the ground floor of the school. The Convent of the Sacred Heart was solemnly blessed on November 21, 1903. It was torn down in 1965.
On January 23, 1904, the Benedictine outpost in Lacey was erected as a Conventual Priory, and Rev. Demetrius Juenemann, pastor of Holy Rosary, was elected first Conventual Prior of Saint Martin’s Priory.
Prior Juenemann appointed Rev. Oswald Baran O.S.B. as the Third Pastor of Holy Rosary.