Father Baran assumed the Pastorate in June of 1904, and the Parish continued to expand under his direction, with school enrollment passing the 300 mark due to the great railroad building period in Tacoma.
The German language was still the main language spoken. However, the names of the parishioners now reflected many non-German names, especially in the school.
The rectory was built in 1907. (As of 2018, this building is still in use, as the convent of the Lovers of the Holy Cross.)
Though 1910 and 1911 the current school building was constructed on the site of the old, wooden schoolhouse. The construction took longer than expected, and school started late for the 1911-1912 school year.
On September 17, 1911, for the first time, the Parish bulletin was printed in English.
In December of 1912, the old wooden church was condemned as unsafe. For the next nine years, the School Hall was used as a church.
On May 19, 1914 Father Baran was elected the first Abbot of Saint Martin’s Abbey. Holy Rosary was selected as the site for the installation ceremony, which took place on September 29. Before the installation could take place, Abbot Baran resigned as pastor and appointed Rev. Mark Wiechmann, O.S.B. to be the Fourth Pastor of Holy Rosary.
The Installation of the Rt. Rev. Oswald Baran, O.S.B., as First Abbot of Saint Martin's Abbey
Celebrated at Holy Rosary, September 29, 1914